1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Detergent
1 Cup of Water
1 Sheet Aluminium Foil
- Heat water in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes – hot NOT boiling
- Cut aluminium foil to cover bottom of small bowl
- Pour the hot water into bowl and mix in the dry ingredients
- Place jewellery or silver item onto foil and let it sit completely submerged for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and rinse well and dry with soft cloth
- Discard the solution – make up new batch for each lot of silver or jewellery to be cleaned.
NOT recommended for opal doublets or Welo (Ethiopian) opals.